Title:  A Conversation Between Co-workers

Author: Princess Twilite [Princesstwilite2@aol.com]

Rating: PG

Summary: So short, it doesn’t matter, but a conversation piece between co-workers.

Pairing: Giles/Anya.

Discliamer: Giles, Anya, and Xander are NOT mine. They belong to Joss and respective co-creators, writers, producers and actors.

Distribution: Any place that all ready has my stuff. Other wise, please ask before taking. I’m bound to say yes.

Website: http://thatvisionthing.org/whip/ [Twilite’s Whip]

 

*   *   *

 

“ Anya, I think we’d get more customers in here if you didn’t follow them around so…”

 

“ We’d get more customers in here if we had a gimmick. Besides, if I didn’t follow them around, they might steal something.”

 

“ Not every customer we have is going to be a thief Anya. What are they going to steal? A pickled eye ball?”

 

“ Which is worth about twenty dollars!”

 

“ Twenty dollars… have you raised the prices again?”

 

“ Well, yes. We were getting taken Giles, an eyeball has to be worth more than ten dollars.”

 

“ Anya..”

 

“At least twenty…”

 

“ Anya!”

 

“ Plus tax.”

 

“ ANYA!!”

 

“ Well, what is it?”

 

“ Tomorrow, we’re going to go through the store, and you’re going to tell me all the prices that you raised.”

 

“It’s my store too.”

 

“ Yes but it was mine first.”

 

“ Beauty before brains.”

 

“ Age before beauty.”

 

“ Are you forgetting how old I am?”

 

“ I… yes. I suppose I am.”

 

“ Yes, don’t back talk to your elders. I read in a book - that it was disrespectful.”

 

“ Anya?”

 

“ Be so kind as to close your mouth.”

 

*   *   *

 

“ Giles?”

 

“ What is it?”

 

“ Do you think I’m beautiful?”

 

“ E-excuse me?”

 

“ Beautiful? Sexy? Desirable?”

 

“ Of-of course, from a purely detached stand point. You’re quite… desirable.”

 

“ I thought so. A customer just hit on me. Did wonders for my ego. So did you. Thanks!”

 

“ Y- you’re welcome.”

 

*   *   *

 

“ So when are you going back across the ocean?”

 

“ Eager to see me leave?”

 

“ Not really. It’s very boring her all day without someone to talk to. Even with money to entertain me.”

 

“ So - you’re not trying to rush me out of house and home?”

 

“ No. I don’t think I’d mind if you stuck around for a while. Just a little while.”

 

“ I’ll take that into consideration.”

 

“ Okay.”

 

“ And Anya?”

 

“ Yes?”

 

“ It’s okay if you want me to stay.”

 

*   *   *

 

“ Have you talked to Xander?”

 

“ Yes.”

 

“ Well?”

 

“ He wants me back.”

 

“ Oh.”

 

“ I’m not sure if I can ever be with him again though.”

 

“ Oh?”

 

“ I don’t know.”

 

“ Don’t you love him?”

 

“…”

 

“ Anya?”

 

“ I think Xander and I were like a pair of well worn tennis shoes, Giles. I loved us, but now I see all these holes that weren’t there before. I can’t be with him anymore.”

 

“ Oh that’s…”

 

“ Ooh, customer. Giles, take off  that strange look on your face. You’ll scare him away.”

 

“ Yes. Right. Of course.”

 

*   *   *

 

“ It’s late.”

 

“ I think I’m going to go to the hotel. Money is good, but I can’t make it if I don’t get any sleep.”

 

“ Okay, goodnight…”

 

“ Giles, before I go, one more thing.”

 

“ What’s that?”

 

“ Are you ever going to kiss me again?”

 

“…”

 

“ Giles?”

 

End.

 

See? No plot to speak of, I’m so ashamed. Just a shameless little conversation piece because I was bored and the computer was just sitting here all by it’s lonesome.