Title: Go Cordy!!!!!
Author: Ando
Posted: 04-27-2002
Email Alsa24fem@aol.com
Feedback: Yes please. I think I’m getting addicted.
Distribution: Sure, just tell me where it’s going so I can visit.
Spoilers: Birthday.
Rating: PG
Pairings C/A
Summary: Buffy & Co come to LA looking for some answers from the host after hearing about Caritas. What they get isn’t what they expected.
Disclaimer: I don’t own anything or anyone. Song Paid my dues by Anastacia used without permission. I got the lyrics for the song off a website and I think there could be a few mistakes but I can’t quite make them out but we got the general idea.
Notes : Set 6 months after Birthday. No Connor, Groo or Darla. Fred & Gunn are dating, as are Angel & Cordy.

 


Beep, beep, beep. The weapons alarm sounded as Buffy, Xander, Willow and Dawn entered Caritas.

“Sorry you can’t take that in with you” the security man said.

“Oh right, did you have somewhere I can leave it?” Buffy asked. Slightly worried about having to hand over her stake.

“Yeah, sure just hand it in at the cloakroom over there” The guard pointed to a small booth just to the left.

“Thanks” the slayer replied as she headed towards the booth. She handed in the offending weapon and received a ticket for it and slipped it into her pocket.

“Hello and welcome to Caritas” Lorne said as he approached.

“Nice suit” Xander quipped.

“Thanks” Lorne replied. Choosing to ignore the sarcasm.

“Can I get you a drink?” Lorne asked as she showed the four to a nearby table at the back of the club.

“Diet cokes all round” Willow replied. “Dawn here is under age so we don’t want to leave her out”

“Thanks” Dawn answered. “But you guys don’t have to miss out cos of me”

“Its ok. If we are going to sing I think its better to keep a clear head” Buffy said before anybody could argue.

“Oh you wanted a reading” the host started “Sorry, there won’t be anymore readings tonight. I’ve got something special planned for the last song of the night. If you can come back tomorrow I’d be happy to read you then cos I’m getting the we’ve got major issues vibe in a big way”

“We’ve got major issues?” Xander said.

“Yeah, don’t even get me started tonight, like I said come back tomorrow and we can have a little chat” the green demon replied. “I’ll just get your drinks” Lorne departed towards the bar and come back within a couple of minutes.

“Here you go” Lorne placed the drinks down on the table. “Feel free to hang around for the little treat that’s coming next”

“Thanks we will” Willow replied.

“I wonder what we means by a little treat?” Dawn asked.

“I have no clue but I think it might be … Hey isn’t that Angel and Wesley?” Xander asked as he looked over toward a table nearest the stage. Sure enough there sat Angel, Wesley, Fred and Gunn.

“Yeah, their with erm, Fred and Gunn” Willow answered looking at the AI team.

“Should we go over and say hi?” Buffy asked, not sure if she really wanted to.

Before anyone could reply Lorne had taken to the stage and was trying to get the audiences attention. He wasn’t having any luck so he motioned for Angel.

Angel got up from his chair and grabbed the mic. He growled loudly and the room was instantly quiet.

“Right whilst I’ve got everybody attention, I have an announcement to make” Angel stated. “During the next performance there will be no touching of the performer. If anyone even looks at her in a way I don’t like I’ll be taking names and kicking asses outside right after the performance. Thank you very much and enjoy the show” Angel finished as Lorne grabbed the mic back.

“Thanks for that Angelcakes” Lorne said. “I’m surprised we’re not staring at an empty bar after that!”

“Anyhow folks have I got a treat for you now. I am about to introduce you to the first graduate of the host’s school for the vocally challenged and I think you’ll agree I’ve done a fantastic job” Lorne continued.

“She’s half human, half demon but definitely all woman. So without further ado ladies and gentlemen let me introduce to you the beautiful and very sexy Miss Cordelia Chase”

“WHAT” The Scooby gang said all at once with their mouths hanging open.

Suddenly Cordelia appeared.

Fred, Gunn and Wes got on their feet and started shouting “Go Cordy, Go Cordy” Whilst each turning both hands into fist and moving them around in small circles at the same time.

Cordy shot them one of her million watt smiles as she said “Thanks guys” into the mic. “Erm, Angel you can get off the stage now, we aren’t gonna go a duet”

“Thank god” a nasty look demon shouted.

“Hey” Angel shouted back. “Cordy’s very good actually” the vampire continued.

“I was talking about you dumb ass” the demon replied.

Angel growled, turned to Cordy giving her the biggest smile Buffy had ever seen Angel give anybody, her included and made his way back to his seat.

Cordelia wanted for Angel to be seated before she spoke again.

“Well here goes nothing, enjoy and feel free to get up and boogie”
The music started and both humans and demons got to their feet to dance including the whole AI team. Hell even Angel was dancing.

[Spoken:]
You can say what you want about me
Wanna do what you want to me
But you can not stop me

I've been knocked down
It's a crazy town
Even got a punch in the face in LA
Ain't nothing in the world that you keep
me from doing what I wanna do

'Cause I'm too proud, I'm too strong
Live by the code that you gotta move on
Feel sorry for yourself
ain't got nobody nowhere

so I...
(Held my head high)
Knew I (Knew I'd survive)
Well I made it (I made it)
I don't hate it (Don't hate it)
That's just the way it goes
Yeah
I done made it through
Stand on my own two
I paid my dues, yeah yeah
Tried to hold me down
You can't stop me now
I paid my dues

[Spoken:]
So like I told you
You cannot stop me
I paid my dues

Now I'm still tested every day
people try to mess with Cordelia
got another thing comin'
cause I handle mine
and I thought I better let you know

I'm no funk I can get down
I don't give a damn about who's around
that was just fine until now

So I...
(Held my head high)
Knew I (Knew I'd survive)
Well I made it (I made it)
Oahh (Don't hate it)
That's just the way it goes
Yeah
I done made it through
Stand on my own two
I paid my dues
Yeah yeah
Tried to hold me down
you can't stop me now
I paid my dues, yeah
yeah yeah yeah
Took so long to get me here (here)
But I won't live in fear (fear)
You try to steal my shine (shine)
But first they wanna build you up (up)
Then they tear you down (down)
It's a struggle, you try to follow
so I...
(Held my head high)
Knew I (Knew I'd survive)
Oahh (I made it)
(Don't hate it)
Said that's - just - the - wayyyyy
(I done made it through)
(Stand on my own two)
I said I paid my, I paid my dues
Yeahhhhh
(Tried to hold me down)
But you can't stop me now (you can't stop me now)
(I paid my dues) I paid my, paid my dues
(I done made it through) oohhh
(Stand on my own two) oh
(I paid my dues) I paid my, I paid my dues
yeahh (Tried to hold me down)
But you can't stop me now (you can't stop me now)
(I paid my dues) I paid my dues.

Cordelia finished and the room erupted into claps, cheers and whistle.

“Thank you” Cordelia said simply as she left the stage and took up a place at the AI table.

Fred and Gunn got up, each giving Cordelia a quick hug before saying goodnight and leaving. They were going back to Gunn’s and would see them all tomorrow.

“That was so cool” Dawn said.

“I didn’t know Cordelia could sing” Willow added.

“I don’t think any of us did” was all Xander could manage.

“Hey they’re coming this way” Buffy stated. Still shocked herself. ‘ That host guy must have done something to Cordelia to make her sing like that surely and didn’t he say something about being a half demon, what was all that about’ Buffy thought as the remaining member of the AI team approached.

“Oh my god” Cordy said as she noticed the Scoobys. “How long have you guys been here?”

“We got here just before the announcement” Willow replied to the seer’s question.

“Hi guys, wasn’t she great? Angel asked as he beamed with pride at his girlfriend.

“Yeah great!” the slayer answered.

“Hello All” Wesley chipped in “What brings you to LA?” he continued hoping it wasn’t for their help to fight a big bad from Sunnydale. They had their own problems with Wolfram & Hart to deal with.

“We just come to get a reading from the host” Xander replied. “But he told us to come back tomorrow but we haven’t got anywhere to stay so we’ll have to come back another time” he finished quickly.

“Don’t be so silly, you can all stay with us! We’re based at a hotel so we’ve got plenty of room.” Cordelia stated.

“Yeah why not” Angel added as he wrapped both hand around Cordelia’s waist from his position behind her. He was feeling in a good mood, he could put up with the Scoobys for one night.

“What are you doing Dead boy?” Xander questioned as he noticed Angel’s movements.

Angel growled, his good mood fast disappearing but didn’t release his gently hold on his seer.

“Down boy!” Cordy joked, realising that Angel was starting to get angry with Xander already.

“Oh and Xander, Angel has a name so I suggest you use it or else you’re sleeping in the car!” Cordy quipped as she shot her ex a ‘Just try me’ look.

“Not that it’s any of your business but I can hug my girlfriend in public you know” Angel stated.

“You’re what? How? When?” Xander asked not sure if he had heard Angel correctly.

“In the words of Giles three excellent questions” Buffy added through strangely she wasn’t feeling jealous at that moment in time. ‘Why was that’ she thought to herself.

“Five months ago just after I nearly died from a vision” Cordy stated.

“Well, I’m pleased for you guys, I’m glad you’re happy, just don’t get too happy Angel if you know what I mean cos that equals bad erm what I mean is…” Willow trailed off as she tried to sound pleased for them but she was starting to confuse herself with what she was trying to say.

“Thanks Willow” Angel answered “Anyhow it’s getting late better get going”

“Anyhow, I’m off home, it was nice seeing to all, Angel, Cordy I’ll see you tomorrow, I’ll guess I’ll see you all in the morning, night” Wes said.

“Night” they all replied together.

Just as the rest of them were about to leave, Lorne came up behind them pulling Cordy into a big hug. He pulled away after a minute.

“You were great tonight Princess” He said simply after a beat.

“Thanks Lorne, couldn’t have done it without you” Cordy replied.

“Yeah, tell me about it!” Lorne joked back.

“Oh you’re still here” Lorne said to the Scoobys.

“Yeah, just catching up with old friends” Buffy answered.

“You know Angelcakes and the princess? Why didn’t you say something?”

“We didn’t know you knew them” Dawn said

“Yeah, Angel and I are like that” Lorne held out his hand and crossed his index finger over his third finger “And that’s me on top! See ya tomorrow” He finished as he moved away quickly.

“Ha Ha, gotta love that guy” Angel said as he motioned for them to move to the door.

“I left a stake at the booth, I’m just gonna pick it up” Buffy said as she headed off towards the booth.

Buffy collected her stake from the cloakroom and rejoined the others who had now made their way outside.

“Erm, Cordelia, I gotta ask ya what did that host guy mean when he said you were half demon?” Buffy asked, not really sure if she wanted to hear the answer. She was still in shock about the whole Angel and Cordy being an item thing.

“Yeah, It’s kinda a long story to do with that nearly dying from the vision thing I mention earlier. I’ll fill you in tomorrow!” Cordy started, really hoping she wouldn’t have to go into detail tonight. She was getting tired and just wanted to get back to the hotel.

“So Dawn, did you want to ride with us?” Cordy asked, thinking Dawn might like it. It was a nice warmish night so Angel had the top down.

“Cool, Kind I?” She asked Buffy.

“Sure, why not!” Buffy replied.

With that Angel, Cordy and Dawn climbed in Angel’s Plymouth and Xander, Willow and Buffy got in Xander car and headed off towards the hotel.

The things for sure tomorrow was going to be an interesting day.

End.