Title: What Goes Around
Author: LaLa247
Rating: PG:13
Spoilers: None, I think.
Comments: My attempt at comedy. Be kind... A bit that Elisha and I were talking about, decided to turn it into a fic.
Summary: Why would I do that??

 


The melodies of the Backstreet Boys' I Want It That Way echoed throughout the Hyperion hotel on the chilly Saturday evening. Cordelia Chase danced around the baby carrier, singing along to the music. The baby in question, Connor Angel, smiled and squealed as his 'Aunt Cordy' entertained him. She stopped in front of the carrier and began doing something that resembled a showtune, 'jazz hands' sort of move.

"Tell me why- ain't nothin' but a heartache...Tell me why- ain't nothin' but a mistake...tell me why. I never want to hear you saaay, I want it that way..."

Angel walked quietly down the stairs of the hotel, watching the Seer intently. He bit back a smile , descending the rest of the way swiftly. He was enjoying the show almost as much as his son. The vampire went unnoticed as the Seer continued her performance.

"Am I, your fire, your one, desire? Yes, I know...it's toooo late, but I want it that way! Tell me wh-AH!" The girl screamed as a hand grasped her wrist and swung her around.

Cordelia looked up and connected with amused brown eyes. Angel spun her again, so she was facing Connor. His hands moved to her waist and rested lightly there, and he awkwardly swayed to the music. Cordelia laughed and continued to sing, Angel moving in sync with her. The two continued their dance for the remainer of the song, the vampire making faces and silently mouthing the words to the song as the Seer danced and sang along.

When the song finished, Angel spun Cordelia around once more, and smiled. "Nice performance. You never do that for me."

Cordelia grinned and picked up Connor. "Well, you're not my main man, are you?"

Angel frowned. "I-I thought I was...wasn't I?"

The girl kissed the baby boy on the cheek. "No- Sweet Connor face is! You're just-"

"A cold-hearted bastard."

Angel, Cordelia, and even Connor turned in the direction of the voice, at the door. There stood good old Lindsey MacDonald, looking less than happy. And out of breath.

Angel blinked in shock. "Lindsey?"

Lindsey nodded wildly, stepping into the hotel. "Yeah. Lindsey." His footsteps were the only sound in the silent room.

Cordelia bounced Connor absently, all while staring at the ex-lawyer. "Lind- I thought you left."

"Yeah, and I thought you were a moron."

"HEY!" Cordelia and Angel shouted at the same time.

Lindsey sighed. "Sorry...Cordelia, is it? I'm kinda edgy." He laughed sardonically. "Wanna know why? HUH?! Wanna know?!"

Cordelia glanced at Angel. "Um, sure."

Lindsey paced the floor, every once and a while glaring at Angel. "Well, I decided 'Hey! Let me try to be good and start a new'! And what do you know, when I go to leave, Angel shows up."

"Oh, that's nice." Cordelia commented.

"Yes. Anyways, he acts all nice and noble and I'm thinking 'Hey, maybe people can change'..."

Angel slowly and silently began to panic. He knew exactly where this was going. He opened his mouth, but immediately closed it when Lindsey shot another glare at him.

Cordelia glanced at Angel, then Lindsey. She was completely oblivious. "And?"

Lindsey was livid. "And?! AND?! You wanna know what this bastard did?!" Cordelia nodded. "This son-of-a-bitch stuck a 'COPS SUCK' sign on the back of my truck!" He exhaled sharply in rage.

Cordelia's brow narrowed slowly. "What? No...Angel? Is that true?"

Angel did the one thing he could do in a situation like this. He played stupid. "Uh- wha?"

The girl groaned. "ANGEL!!"

Angel backed up a few steps. "W-Well...he started it! With Darla, and...and...Darla!"

Cordelia set the baby boy down. "Yeah, and we know how that turned out..."

Lindsey blinked. See, Lindsey is not a stupid man, and he catches on pretty damn quick. "Wait- wait- wait...this kid is yours?" Angel nodded slowly. "How?"

"We're still trying to figure that out." Cordelia muttered, arms crossed.

Lindsey blinked again. "With Darla?"

Angel attempted a laugh. "Um, yeah...it's kinda funny-"

Lindsey nodded in return. "You mother fuc-"

He stepped toward Angel, in what became the ultimate power struggle. Angel defensively stepped back, then, being the kind of man he was, stepped forward defiantly. Cordelia jumped in front of Lindsey, holding on to his plaid shirt, trying to keep him from mauling the vampire in front of him. All three were shouting as loud as they could. Lindsey shouting a few choice words Angel, all the while not fighting off Cordelia. Angel taunted the lawyer, telling him to 'bring it'. Poor Cordelia was trying to get both to shut up. Then suddenly-

*CRASH*

The three stopped in their tracks, staring at Connor. Connor who was now staring at the adults in a condensending manner, his bottle on the floor. The Seer walked in front of the child and silently picked up the bottle and handed it to the boy. Connor took the bottle and began to drink. Lindsey stalked to the other side of the hotel as Angel stared at Cordelia, then Lindsey.

"I can't believe you came back for this crap, Lindsey." Angel muttered angrily.

Lindsey did a double take and walked toward Angel again. "Crap?! Crap?! Dammit- I was chased for 4 states by angry cops who wanted to hit me with their clubs!"

Cordelia stared at Angel in dismay. "ANGEL! How old are you?!"

"I- he- it- HE started it!" Angel sputtered. He paused for a couple of seconds, then walked directly in front of the Seer. "Look-" He said quietly. "If you're bother by this so much, I'm sorry. I'll apologize and it'll be over. I don't want to upset you, okay?" Lindsey watched the two carefully.

Cordelia nodded slowly. "That was awful, Angel..." She whispered. "You were all trying to help him, and you do this? Come on..."

Angel nodded and turned to the lawyer. "Look- Lindsey, I'm sorry, okay? What I did was uncalled for and horrible. I should have been an adult. I should have taken the higher road." He swallowed the bile of inferiority. "Are we...okay?" He offered Lindsey his hand.

Lindsey hesitated, then stepped up to Angel. "Yeah..." He took his hand. "I- yeah. Fine." He nodded quietly. "I'll go now."

Cordelia leaned against the desk. "Do that."

Lindsey smiled slightly at Cordelia. "I'll be back." He muttered. "Someone has to take out Lilah."

The lawyer walked past the Seer, his hand slapping her behind. Cordelia screeched and jumped into Angel's arms as Angel gaped at Lindsey in shock and anger.

Lindsey laughed and held up his right hand. "Evil..." He walked out of the hotel.

Cordelia moved back from Angel, rubbing her butt. "Well, that was...weird." Angel nodded in agreement. "I think I've had all the revelations I need for one day."

Lindsey poked his head back in. "Angel has the hots for you!" He quickly ducked out.

"HEY!" Angel shouted as Cordelia stared at the door in disbelief. He slowly turned and faced the Seer.

"Angel..."

"Uh- wha?"


FIN