I was curious, you know? I mean, it just didn't make a hell of a lot of sense. Why would the plan have been to bleed Andrew and then change the plan to bleed Spike? So I plugged in the old cheese and asked. What it gave was a scene that diverged from the original ep right about the time the Harbingers showed up at Buffy's house. In this new scene, both Andrew and Spike are taken. And when we cut to the scene in the school basement, Andrew is tied to the rack, and Spike is tied to a second, backup rack against the wall. Andrew is crying like a baby while the harbingers cut symbols into his chest. Spike is wincing, though you can't tell if it's from the pain Andrew seems to be in, or disappointment at the amount of crying the boy's doing.
FE-Spike leans against the rack Spike's tied to. As Andrew is raised up to the ceiling, blood dripping the FE-Spike says, "I love this part." then turns and leans in close to Spike his back turned away from the seal and says, "Wanna see what a real vampire looks like?" There is a horrible screech, a rush of air and the ground starts shaking. We see the seal rotate and change, just like in the original scene, and then something starts to rise out of it. The camera cuts to Spike's face which is, at first apprehensive, then melts into simple confusion.

Spike: God... No wonder nobody likes us.

FE-Spike: Ex- wait... huh?

Spike: I say it's hideous. No wonder nobody likes us.

FE-Spike: You're not making the scared face. (Morphs into Drusilla, stamping its foot) make the scared face! It's no fun if you don't make the scared face!

Spike: Uh... Ok. (Makes a twisted up face of mock horror) Get it away! It's coming for us! It will kill us all!

FE-Drusilla: Smiling. That's better. (Trailing a finger along Spike's jaw) Isn't it lovely? (Turns) Isn't it- HOLY JESUS! (Instantly morphing into Warren) What the sweet hell is that?!

Use this link to see a picture of what climbed out of the seal:

http://www.geekbrothers.com/newMayor.htm


FE-Warren: Send it back! Send it back!

Harbinger1: We can't do that sir.

Harbinger2: It's kind of a one way deal.

FE-Warren: What? Of course you can. Push him into the hole. he'll fall.

Harbinger1: The seal is once again solid.

FE-Warren: Then kill it!

The harbingers look at the thing from the seal and take a nervous step back. It has seen them and is walking toward them, arms outstretched, hands clenching and unclenching.

Ubernerd: Life sized Jawas! Come to daddy.

Harbingers: Ahhh! (Scooting back quickly)

FE-Warren: Fine. Untie him. (Points to Spike) He'll kill it. (Morphs to Buffy) Wontcha, lover?

Spike: Are you off y-

FE-Buffy: (Singing) Early one morning-

Spike: (Singing his own song over it like a four year old making up lyrics and no tune loudly) I-Ee_I can't hear you cuz nerd give indegestian and I don't want a stomach ache so I won't eat a nerd!

FE-Buffy: Stop it! (Changes Buffy's outfit. it's now wearing a very small cleavage bearing shirt and extremely short skirt.) Please? ( Spike quiets, momentarily transfixed. FE starts singing again) Just as the sun was-

Spike: (singing louder than before)Soo-oo you've got T and A na-na-na. I don't want to eat the nerd cuz nerds give vamps the trots. I-

Ubernerd: (From behind them) BOOBIES!

FE-Buffy: Huh?

Andrew: Don't let it touch you?

FE-Buffy: What do you mean don't let it touch you? It's a... (Sees the look in the ubernerds eyes as it fixes on FE-Buffy's chest) a... (Backs away a few steps. shakes it's head clear) Nerd. What can it-

Andrew: Look at it. It's like super nerd or something.

Spike: So?

Andrew: Do you know what I spend all my free time doing? Well that things like a turbo me, and I doubt there was any time during the dimension hopping to wash it's hands.

Ubernerd: Heh, heh... Touchie, touchie...

Andrew: For all you know you could have summoned it right in the middle of a Girls gone wild commercial.

Spike and FE-Buffy: AHHH!!

Spike starts struggling at his bingings. The Fe-Buffy scoots back against Spike's rack. while the Ubernerd continues to hone in on FE-Buffy's rack. (Different kind of rack)

FE-Buffy: (motioning to Spike) Touch him.

Spike: Touch her.

Fe-Buffy: Touch him.

Spike: Touch her

FE-Buffy: Touch him.

Spike: Oh for-! He's not going to touch me. Man boobs here, hello!

FE-Buffy: Yes! (Pointing to Spike's chest with both hands) Man titties! Touch the man titties!

Ubernerd glances at Spike's chest and jaw drops a little. Ubernerd licks it's lips.

Ubernerd: Mmmmm. Yuuummmmy.

Spike: Wait... What?

Andrew: Umm... Like I said... (Mumbling in the other direction) it's a super me.

Spike: It's a...? AHHH!

Spike starts flopping about making the rack his on hop up and down as he scoots it across the room screaming, "Get it away! Get it away!"
***************

So I think yeah, the problem with Jonathon was that Jonathon was always shown in the show to be a big nothing, a non entity, so his blood would raise, well... a whole lot of nothing. Andrew? Well you saw what happened there, so the FE figured it out at the last moment and used a vamp.

Cheers,
tucker