You Sick, Sick Man (5/5)

by

LaLa247

Rating: PG-ish?
Comments: Picks up where the other stories left off. Back by demand. Typed this at a friend's house. Hope it makes sense. Enjoy! :)

The vampire and the Seer stared at each other, neither wavering. His eyes narrowed slowly, and the girl raised her eyebrow in return. All was silent in the hotel except for the low drone of the radio, playing a jazz number; and the clock, its hands moving in stride. The two champions sat, no longer in their ‘work clothes’. The vampire sat in a tank and a pair of sweats; his Seer in a blue camisole and matching pajama pants. Suddenly, hands shot forward, grabbing the shot glasses in front of them. The two downed the liquid inside the glasses and slammed them down.

Almost immediately, Cordelia Chase made a disgusted face. "Augh...I hate rum..."

Angel smiled and poured her another cup. "It's evil- you want another?" His voice was quiet, but gentle. Even after five drinks. Hey, he can hold his liquor.

She shook her head. "No...I wouldn't want to get drunk and all...friendly." She paused. "Okay." She grabbed the glass and drank it. Angel smiled slightly. Cordelia's eyes met his and she slowly set down the glass. "What?"

"Nothing." Angel quickly responded. He sighed and leaned back into his chair. "It's just...this is nice, you know? You and me...together...alone-"

"No craziness." Cordelia quickly offered, grabbing the bottle of wine and pouring herself a glass.

Angel blushed slightly. "Yeah, no craziness." The tension between them was excruciating. At least, he thought so. He snatched the bottle out of the girl's hand and drank straight from it.

Cordelia sighed. "What a way to spend a Saturday. Drunk off our asses."

"I'm not drunk."

"Not yet."

Angel leaned forward. "You would be drunk off your ass at a club anyways, Cord. At least here I won't have to beat up any touchy-feely guys. Here is good." Cordelia nodded in agreement. Their eyes met again, a silent moment between them. "And I wouldn't have to use the hand. Drastic measures...”

Cordelia rolled her eyes. "Whatever. You wanna do tequila?"

Angel frowned. "That's with the lime and the salt, right?" Cordelia nodded. "And you lick..." She nodded again. The vampire shook his head. "I don't do licking." The smirk on Cordelia's face told Angel he needed to rephrase. Quickly. "I-I mean...it's trivial.” A feeling of dread came over Angel. He thought he had finally gotten over his
‘insanity’. He hid Lindsey’s hand, he stopped being weird, all was good. But now...

The Seer stood up and dragged her seat to Angel's side. She pulled out the liquor of evil, the lime, and the salt from the mini bar. She calmly poured a bit of the salt on Angel's hand. Angel watched her in shock. She swung back the tequila, then quickly licked the back of Angel's hand. Speechless, Angel could only manage a astonished croak. She pulled away and sucked on the lime. Angel opened his mouth, then closed it. Cordelia withdrew the lime from her mouth. "What?"

Angel stared at his hand. "What was that?"

"Tequila."

"That was dirty."

Cordelia laughed. "You're dirty! Come here." She clumsily poured salt on the nape of her neck, then handed Angel the bottle and lime. "Go."

Angel shook his head. "N-No...I can't." He stared at her neck. "It's not...friend-like. And you're drunk."

Her hazel eyes met his brown ones again. "It's not a big deal. It's supposed to be overtly sexual. Just do it." A pause. "And I'm not that drunk."

Angel sat there for a few seconds, thinking. About what Lorne had told him. About how he was slowly breaking her down to his ways. At least, that's what he thought. “I’ll be taking advantage of you in your fragile state-” Finally, without anymore hesitation, he took a swig and placed his mouth on Cordelia's neck. The two froze in their
positions. Angel slowly licked the salt from her neck, and kept his mouth there. Everything came back. All the feelings. All the emotions. All that insanity. He hastily pulled away and sucked on the lime frantically, avoiding the Seer’s eyes.

Cordelia slowly wiped her neck, sliding her seat away from Angel. “Well...Gunn was cool with it...”

Angel immediately became alert. “What did you do with Gunn?!”

Cordelia quickly hopped up and ran to the radio. “Nothing!” She started changing stations, tapping her feet. Angel watched her steadily. Those pajamas were cute. Almost as cute as the little outfit he was going to make for the hand. Cordelia suddenly turned around, facing Angel. She pointed a slim finger at him and the music flowed. “You won’t admit you love me-” Cordelia crooned seductively. Angel couldn’t stop the panic that appeared on his face. “And so...how am I ever...to know...” She slowly walked towards him. “You always tell me...perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...”

Angel stood up. He had to get out of there. Before he could reach the stairs, Cordelia had grabbed the vampire’s arms and was dancing and singing loudly. “Cordy-”

“A million times I’ve asked you....and then...I ask you over...again...” Angel jerked out of Cordelia’s grasp and headed towards the nearest exit as the Seer kept singing. “You only answer...perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...”

Something in Angel snapped. It could’ve been the alcohol. Or the fact that he was crazy. But he turned around, his eyebrow raised. “If you can’t make your mind up...we’ll never get started...” He sang loudly. Cordelia giggled wildly, clapping. For once Angel didn’t care about looking stupid. He wanted to have fun. Or that could’ve been the
liquor talking. He waltzed over to her. He grabbed her arm and spun her around so they were in a ballroom dance position. “And I don’t wanna wind up...being parted...broken-hearted...” They twirled around the room smoothly, now in a tango position.

“So if you really love me...say yes...but if you don’t, dear...confess...” Cordelia picked up where Angel left off, a
huge grin on her face. “And please don’t tell me...perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...” They tangoed all over the lobby, both laughing. “I knew you could dance, Broody!”

“I’ve been holding out, I guess.” Angel replied quietly, thrusting his and Cordelia’s arms out, and they danced.

“If you can’t make your mind up...we’ll never get started...” Angel sang quietly, staring into Cordelia’s eyes.

Cordelia grinned and joined in. “And I don’t wanna wind up...being parted...broken-hearted...” They sang in unison. “So if you really love me...say yes...but if you don’t, dear...confess...and please don’t tell me...perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...”

“Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...” Angel swung Cordelia, her arm over her head, then dipped her. “Perhaps...”

“Perhaps...” Cordelia continued, their faces inches apart.

“Per-haps...” Angel mumbled, bringing his face down slowly. Their lips touched gently. They abruptly pulled away from each other like a jolt had shot between them. Angel backed away slowly. “I...um...”

Cordelia was in a similar state of shock. “Uh..yeah...”

Angel blinked. “Um....bye...” He raced up the stairs.

Cordelia slowly sank on the couch, touching her lips. She lifted herself up slightly, feeling something hard underneath her. She dug under the cushion and pulled out something smooth and cold. Lindsey’s hand. She groaned and tossed it to the floor. The girl leaned back and closed her eyes. After a moment, her left eye opened. She slowly sat up and opened both eyes. The Seer bit her lip, debating the thoughts in her mind. Finally, she snatched up the plastic hand off the floor and stared at it. She turned it over in her hand, then slowly smiled. “Hello, Cordy.” She squealed in a cartoonish voice. “I’m Lindsey’s hand...how are you today?” She giggled. “I would like some nail polish, Cordy....I think I should look pretty for Angel...”

FIN