You Sick, Sick Man (3/5)

by

LaLa247

Angel groaned loudly. Of course no one heard him. Nobody would hear him anyways. The music was too loud. He hated clubs. The whole "restriction" of it all. And to make matters worse, the Scoobies were here. Yes, the Scoobies. They decided to just pop in. 'Pop in' his ass. Sunnydale is freaking three hours away. They planned this. They wanted to destroy him. He groaned again. Cordelia was in the middle of a Xander/Gunn sandwich. Angel gripped the sides of the table tightly. Damn them. The Ex-Boyfriend and the Street Kid. He couldn't compete. The others were dancing around the club, leaving him by himself.

The fast song stopped, and a slow one began. Willow and Tara came together. Angel eyeballed them. He found it slightly intriguing. He would've never guess Willow was...yeah. Gunn offered his hand to Buffy, and she took it. Wes and Fred, together again. Suddenly, Angel froze. He heard that dramatic music that was in all those movies. Da-da dummmmm. He felt that camera zoom on his favorite Seer and the boy. Xander Harris and Cordelia Chase had begun slow dancing. Angel watched Xander's hands. Keep them on Mexico, buddy.

Angel's eyes narrowed. Xander had just pulled Cordelia closer. For someone who's engagement just broke off, he was moving quick. Angel growled. Not on his turf. He stood up, taking off his leather jacket. Someone tapped his shoulder. Angel slowly spun around. There stood good ol' Buffy. "H-Hi?" Angel stuttered.

"Hey." Buffy smiled. "Gunn just left me for a skanky brunette." She pointed across the room at Dawn, wearing her "No Alcohol" stamp proud. "So...." Buffy continued. "You want to dance?"

Angel fidgeted. Xander's hands were going to Brazil. He thought. He wasn't sure. He was never good with South America. Buffy gave him a wide smile. Dammit. "Oh, fine." Angel grumbled. Buffy's smile faded. "I-I mean, sure, Buffy."

She led him to the floor, immediately planting her head on his shoulder. Angel had that sensation one gets when an elevator goes up. This wasn't supposed to happen. Angel was supposed to be beating the crap out of Xander. He watched them over Buffy's head. "Hey!" Angel yelled.

Buffy jumped a mile. "GOD- Angel, what?!"

Angel gave a big smile. "Let's switch! Whatcha say?! With Xander and Cordelia!! C'mon!" He dragged her to the other side of the room. "Stop stalling!" He hissed. Angel reached the two and tapped Xander on the shoulder. "Let's switch." He ordered.

Xander stared at him blankly. "This is my dance, Dead Boy. Back off."

Angel leaned in. "I'm going to rip out your throat slowly if you don't get your hands off Cordy." He hissed in Xander's ear. With a certain reluctancy, Xander moved to Buffy. He gave Angel a dirty look. "Thanks." He said simply.

Cordelia frowned. "Why did Xand just leave me?"

Angel shrugged. "He's weird." He gently placed his hands on Cordelia's waist. They danced silently. Angel's eyes narrowed again. It was here he noticed the throngs of men staring at Cordelia's back. Her backless shirt did wonders. And Xander eyeing her just the same. Angel felt that camera zoom in once more. This was war.

He let his hands run down Cordelia's back. She yelped. "Angel! Cold hands! Cold hands!"

Angel smiled. "Sorry, sorry." He moved her closer to him. Xander's eyes narrowed, much to Angel's glee. Angel started to slowly grind on Cordelia; this time, to her dismay. She froze, staring at him. Angel raised his eyebrows and continued grinding on her. Cordelia slowly smiled and stepped in beat. Xander and Buffy's mouths dropped. They stopped dancing, watching their counterparts. Angel let his head dip down Cordelia's face to her neck. He moved his leg between hers, gripping her waist lightly. Cordelia's hands moved down his back slowly. He was dancing with his girl. Xander was jealous. Buffy finally shut up. And Angel was in heaven.
_____________________________________________
The two respective groups got their coats silently and walked out; until it was only Angel, Cordelia, Xander, and Buffy. Angel whistled cheerfully.

Xander moved next to him. "I don't care what you do, Cordelia won't ever love you the way she loves me."

Angel spun around and glared at him. Where did that come from?? "Don't push me, boy." He shot back. The two glared at each other.

Buffy stepped between them. "Okay. Okay. Xander- Spike's waiting for us. Angel- it was great." She kissed his cheek lightly.

Angel suddenly smiled. "How about a shake, Xand? All forgiven?" He held out his hand.

Xander frowned, eyeing him suspiciously. Finally, he offered his own hand and gripped Angel's tightly. His eyes widened. Xander screamed as he pulled off Angel's hand. He threw it across the room.

Angel burst out laughing. Xander ran out of the room, his face deathly pale. Buffy gawked at Angel, then ran after Xander.

Angel continued laughing. "Did ya see that?!" He cried to Cordelia. "They won't be coming back any-" He stopped seeing Cordelia's face. "I- um..."

Cordelia picked up the hand. "You sick, sick bastard."

Angel swallowed. "I thought I got rid of it- honest! In my pocket...thought it was funny...just me I guess."

Cordelia slowly started to laugh. "They won't be coming back, will they?" Angel shook his head. "YES!!!" She high-fived Angel.
_____________________________________________
They walked out of the club, laughing. "I'm sorry Cor- I couldn't resist." Angel said.

Cordelia smiled. "It's okay. It was funny. Weird and freakish, but funny." She suddenly stopped.

Angel turned around, facing her. "Cord?"

Cordelia touched his chin, bringing his face to hers. "Angel...I want to tell you something..." Angel froze. That dreamy music appeared. This was finally happening. He looked into Cordelia's eyes- and was met with a hand. "Get rid of this hand!!!!" She screeched, tossing it into his hands. She jetted to the waiting cab.

Angel clutched the hand and slowly smiled. He was getting to her. She was wavering. He was the man.

TBC...