You Sick, Sick Man (2/5)

by

LaLa247

Angel paced Cordelia's apartment nervously. Donny Rae was to arrive in exactly 20 minutes. At 7 o'clock. Angel cringed slightly. His phone call didn't work. Cordelia walked into the room just as he got to the threatening. He hung up the phone in panic, only to have 'Mr. Rae' call back. Damn that *69. Technology sucks. And now they were
going to go out on a "date".

Angel peered into Cordelia's room, the door open just a crack. Cordelia was still fixing herself. From what he could see, she wore black leather pants, black boots, and- he couldn't see the rest. She was bending over. Angel stared at her form intently, when there was a knock. Angel glanced at his watch. 6:50. Donny-Boy was 10 minutes early. Kind of suspicious, in Angel's mind. He ignored the knock.

"Angel! Can you get that?" Cordelia called from her bedroom. Angel groaned silently and walked towards the door.

He opened the door slowly. Donny Rae stood in front of him. Angel looked him over. white shirt, blue dress pants, short brown hair, flowers, and a doofy grin. Angel caught him doing the same thing. Hey, at least his black sweater and pants were always fashionable. He stared at Donny blankly. "Do I know you?"

Cordelia's head poked out from her bedroom. "Angel! Let him in!"

Angel sighed and opened the door wider. "Come in." He grumbled. Donny walked in. Angel immediately wrapped his arm around Donny's shoulders. "Hey, bud," He said quietly, forcing a smile. "Listen, I know you like Cordy-"

Donny nodded. "Yeah, I wrote her a song-"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Angel interrupted. "Shut up for a second and listen. Okay, you're taking her out, right?" Donny nodded. "Alright. You listen and listen good." His grip tightened on Donny's shoulder. "Think of Cordelia as a Western map. You keep your hands off North and South America. Your damn hands stay in Mexico. You get me?" He growled. Donny nodded wildly. "Good boy." He let go of him. "Sit your ass down." Donny sat, his eyes wide. Angel stood in front of him, scowling.

Cordelia's head poked out once more. "Angel, can you come in here for a sec?"

Angel smiled at Cordelia and nodded. "'Kay." He glared at Donny menacingly. "You stay." He walked into the room and shut the door. "What is it Cor-AH!" Cordelia was indeed wearing the leather pants and boots. What Angel didn't see before was her top. Or what was left of it. She wore a sheer, low cut, spagetti strap, backless, wine colored shirt. Angel took off his jacket, covering her with it. "Are you mad?!"

Cordelia pushed Angel away, fixing her hair. "Angel! Chill out! It's just a shirt!" Angel started to protest. "No! Is Donny there?"

Angel nodded. He felt like a character in an Abott and Costello movie. "Yeah, boy doesn't talk much. I would rethink my attraction to him if I were you." Cordelia glared at him. "What?"

"Nothing." She sighed. "How do I look?"

Angel stared at her. "You look...stunning." He breathed. Cordelia squealed and hugged him. "Cord? What's this for?"

Cordelia pulled away. "For behaving. For not giving my date a hard time." She walked to the living room, Angel right on her heels. "Hi, Donny!" She waved, grabbing her jacket.

Donny stood up. "Cordelia Chase. Wow. Um, these are for you." He held out the flowers.

Angel quickly intercepted, grabbing the flowers. "I got it." He muttered, walking to the kitchen.

Cordelia smiled. "Aw, thank you, Donny! Okay, you're ready?" Angel threw the flowers in the trash.

Donny smiled back and held out his hand. "More ready than you think." Angel made a slashing motion over his throat and pointed at Donny. Donny's eyes widened. "Um- uh, I mean-"

Cordelia turned around. Angel pretended to scratch his neck. Cordelia raised an eyebrow. "Let's go..." She pushed Donny out the door. "We'll be at Che Pierre's if anything happens, Angel." Suddenly, she ran at Angel and hugged him tight. She kissed his cheek. "Isn't he great?!"

Angel forced a smile. "He's great!" Cordelia squealed and ran out the door. Angel watched the door close. He touched his cheek and glanced at his fingers. Her wine colored lipstick covered his finger tips. He felt like Ewan MacGregor in 'Moulin Rouge '. He glared. This was war.
_____________________________________________
Donny chuckled. "GOD! You were such a bitch in school!" Cordelia's smile froze. "I mean, you've changed so much..."

Cordelia chewed her salad. "Yeah...I have." She looked around. For some reason, she felt Angel watching her. She ignored the feeling. It was just her being paranoid again. "So, what have you been doing since the school blew up?"

Angel watched the two from outside the restaurant. He knew she felt him. He made sure of that. He clenched his hands watching the man. Donny touched Cordelia's hand. Angel scowled. Only he touches Cordelia. They stood up, having finished their meal. Angel quickly ran off. He had something to do.

The two walked out of the restaurant. Donny gently grabbed Cordelia's hand. "What now, my dear?"

Cordelia pulled her hand away gently. "Um, actually, I'm kinda tired. Can you take me home?"

Donny tried to hide his shock. "Oh. Okay..." He walked her to his car.
_____________________________________________
Angel stood in the shadows of Cordelia's apartment, waiting. He watched Donny's car pull up and the two step out. He gripped the object in his hand tightly. He felt like Charlton Heston in 'Planet of the Apes' for some reason. He was on a mission. "Thanks for the dinner, Donny." Cordelia said cheerfully, touching the knob of her door.

Donny smiled. "No problem." He leaned in.

Cordelia pulled her head away. "Whoa there, chief. I think-"

Donny gripped her hips, yanking her towards him. "I think you owe me something for 250 bucks of food." He forced his mouth on hers.

Suddenly, Donny was thrown into the wall. Cordelia screamed. Angel yanked Donny up by the collar. "I thought I told you to behave!" He growled, slamming him into the wall. "See this?!" He shoved Lindsey's 'hand' into Donny's face. "This is what happened to the last guy that pissed me off-" He morphed into his demon. "You wanna mess with me?" Donny screamed. "I didn't think so." He let go of the boy, and he took off running.

Angel spun around and faced Cordelia, changing back into his human form. "Hi."
_____________________________________________
Cordelia giggled, pouring Angel another drink. "I can't believe you did that. He was a jerk anyways..."

Angel sipped his beer. "Eh- I hate him. What kind of name is that anyways?"

Cordelia smiled and leaned into Angel. "Thank you for being here."

Angel smiled. "No problem." The lights suddenly dimmed. "Thank you, Dennis..." Angel muttered.

Cordelia sighed, closing her eyes. "I'm so sleepy...and Angel?" He looked down at her. "Get rid of that hand."

Angel grinned and kissed the top of her head. "Okay..." He lied and closed his eyes happily. He felt just like a character in a John Cusack movie. Only with fangs.

TBC...